Configuring your email client; Microsoft Outlook 2007
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007
2. Click Tools > Account Settings
3. Select E-mail tab and click New...
4. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next
5. On the Auto Account Setup, check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next
6. Select Internet E-mail option and click Next
7. Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 or IMAP.
- Enter mail.yourdomain.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server:
- Enter smtp.internetprovider.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:
- For SMTP you will need to enter your Internet service provider's settings. REFER TO STEP #8 FOR SMTP SETTINGS
- Enter your User Name (Full Email)
- Enter your Email Password.
8. If you have an email hosted by your Internet Service Provider, you will have to re-enter your email information.
SMTP examples are smtp.bellnet.ca, smtp.broadband.rogers.com, smtp.sympatico.ca
Select Outgoing Server tab > check mark "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication > click "Log on using" > Enter User Name and Password > Click Next
The reason for this is to minimize the rate of spam e-mail accounts can distribute. These service providers authenticate e-mails and turn off your account if it is causing others e-mail issues.
9. If all of your information has been entered correctly, you will receive the Congratulations message below.
If you have any issues regarding your e-mail setup, please contact us at 613-860-3352.